20% off Sale, what should I use for Straps? and Hogwarts Sock Swap!July 17, 2007 at 9:38 pm | Posted in General Knitting | 6 Comments
Everything in my little Shop is on sale! 20% off all but the pattern download. So, snatch up the rest of the leftovers in my shop before it goes.
I think it turned out very well! I love it! I have a weakness for cable-y things.
For the lining, I used a fat quarter from my stash, Strawberrys! They matched, I thought they where cute.
Now, I just have to figure out something for the straps. The pattern calls for knitted ones, but I don’t want stretched out straps. I think I’ll get some fancy leather ones or something next time I’m at Joann’s.
Today, I have been working on my swap scarf, and I’m a little over half way there. I also signed up for the Hogwarts Sock Swap TWO! Yay! This is so exciting. I’m supposed to post the questionairre on my blog to earn house points, soo;
1. What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into? Hufflepuff!
2. Shoe size? Woman’s size 9.5
3. Foot Length? 10in
4. Foot Circumference? About 9in
5. List your three favorite double-point needle brands, including size and length.
a. Crystal Palace Bamboo, US size 2, 8in
b. Susan Bates Silvalume, US Size 2, 7in.
c. Clover “Takumi” Premium Bamboo, US Size 2, 7in.
6. Would you like to try a new brand needle? If so, which brand? Size? Length? I like to make my socks on Size 2 needles, and I don’t like the short DPNs, 7 in is my favorite length. I’d like to try those Brittany Birch ones, or those fancy Lantern Moon ones.
7. If you are a RAVENCLAW, do you prefer the colors in the film or the book? Do you have a strong preference? N/A
8. Allergies? Do you have any? Will your knitting be exposed to smoke or animals? I don’t have any allergies. My house has 2 cats, but it’s not like the get all over my knitting or anything. And no smoke either.
9. Are you an international participant (outside US)? Are you willing to have an international Hogwarts Sock Pal? I am not international, and I don’t think I’d be willing to have an International Partner.
If you want to join in the Hogwarts fun, sign ups started on the 14th, so go sign up now!!!