Scarf Swap?July 3, 2007 at 1:32 am | Posted in General Knitting | 4 Comments
I saw somewhere in Blogland a swap for Scarves. I never really thought about swapping scarves, but I can see it being a lot easier to swap scarves than say, socks, because of the whole foot size thing. This idea sounded like fun to me, and I can’t find any swaps to join, so why not start one myself? If you want to join, shoot me over an email (doozer2004 AT sbcglobal DOT net) and give me your info, than at the end of the sign-up period, I’ll email you back with your partner. Cool? Ok, now we need some rules.
1. Sign Ups begin Today, July 2 (Note, I won’t be here to check on submissions, I’m leaving for vacation, remember? So if I don’t reply to you if you want to join, just know I’m not ignoring you, I’ll get back to you as soon as I’m home).
2. Sign Ups end Next Wednesday, the 11th of July. That gives you about 10 days to sign up.
3. To Sign Up, email me with Your Name, and the link to your blog (if you have one). After sign ups end, I’ll email you with the Email Address and name of your swap partner, and you can exchange info for mailing and stuff like that. Be sure to put something like “Scarf Swap) in the subject line of your Email so I know it’s now spam 🙂
4. Once I email you back letting you know That I received your submission, you’ll be required to post the Scarf Swap Questionairre on your blog (or email your partner directly, whichever you prefer) so your partner can learn a little more about your likes/dislikes.
5. I’m not going to impose a minumum amount of money you have to spend or anything, my only thing is (as a yarn snob) I think the yarn should have some standard of quality. No gnarly acrylic or anything like that. Stash yarn is totally fine for this swap, but if you want to go out and spend on new yarn for it, go right ahead. You’re also not obligated to add anything else to the package besides the scarf, unless you want to spoil your partner, by all means!
6. I’m not sure of how long the deadline should be. I think it depends on the knitter, but I don’t want one swapper stuck waiting months for their partner to finish their scarf, so I’ll say you should have them sent off so your partner recieves in by then end of August? That gives a nice time period to knit it, although if you finish early, by all means, send it off a soon as possible.
7. You choose the pattern and yarn yourself, but make sure it somewhat matches your partners likes and dislikes.
Okay, I think that’s it. Now, for the Questionairre you need to fill out once I give you your partner:
1. Do you have any allergies your partner should know about (no wool, etc.)?
2. What are your favorite colors (Bright, subdued, girly colors, earth tones, etc.)?
3. How long do you prefer your scarves to hang? Do you have a preference?
4. Do you have a problem with any type of yarn? Does Novelty yarn make you cringe? Do you prefer something more classic?
I think that’s about all I can think off. Even if only one person signs up, I’ll swap with them, but It would be cool to get this thing really going!