Socks that might rock…June 16, 2007 at 11:19 pm | Posted in Blah Blah Blah, General Knitting | 7 Comments
Like the new look? I thought it was time for a change. Refreshing, right? (For those of you reading on Bloglines, you can’t tell, but my blog looks different.)
Now, I have a problem.
I’m not a fan of the way the colors are swirling/pooling. The stripes are just a bit too thick… What do I do? Do I keep going? Do I Find a new pattern to try out? Do I save the yarn for when I feel inspired? Do I quit worrying about it?
And now, 7 random Things about me. I must be the very last person to do this one, I got tagged a while back, I don’t remember by who, though…
1. I cut my hair and dye it in hopes of coming up with the best haircut that is easy to do everyday, and when I get it cut, I swear I’ll try to style it everyday, but a couple of weeks later I just end up putting it in a ponytail. It’s a vicious Circle. I need Nick Arrojo.
2. I was a Crocheter before I was a knitter. I learned to crochet one Christmas, and by the time my birthday rolled around, I told my Grandma I wanted to learn to knit, and it’s been knitting ever since.
3. While learning to knit, I remember telling my mom that it was way to hard when I got frustrated, and I told her I didn’t want to knit and I’d just stick to Crocheting. Ha.
4. Most of my musical preferences come from my parents. Or, more accuratly, my dad. The B-52’s, Devo, The Eagles, The Doors, Queen, Creedence Clearwater Revival, pretty much all his doing.
5. Even though both me and my mom knit like crazy, my little sister really has no interest in it, but this week her boyfriend was at scout camp and she needed something to do, so I told her I’d show her how to knit a hat for him, so she made her first real knitted thing! I’m so proud. I’ll try to get a picture of it. It turned out really well!
6. The highlight of my whole entire summer is always the Fourth of July. Stuck in a little tiny house with my whole family, in the middle of nowhere where it is about 110 degrees outside. It’s awesome! Thank God for Independence (It’s a town). I love the time I get to spend with my cousins and everyone.
7. Let’s see. Okay, this one is actually more of a story. Before everyone goes to bed at my house, you have to make sure that there are no glasses of water or anything that the cats can knock over in the middle of the night and make a mess. So last night, my sister and I where the lasts ones up, and my sister was at the sink emptying cups, and she tryed to pour out a glass of milk, but it had been sitting around and it just stuck the the bottom. So she says “Hay Kaity, come over here!” So I did, and she was going to pretend to throw the milk in my face to scare me, but she thought that it wouldn’t come out. Well, It did, and she accidentally threw old milk in my face. And in my hair, and on my shirt, and down my arms. Yeah, nasty. I haven’t been that grossed out and laughed so hard in who knows how long. It was gross. And pretty funny.